Brad Paisley Hits 5th Gear, Faith Hill Flies Solo – Today In Country Music History
Brad Paisley’s 5th Gear album hit fifth gear on this date in 2008, Anna Nicole Smith caused a bit of a stir when she may have flashed the fans at the Grand Ole Opry in 2005 (Some say she did, some say she didn’t.) and Faith Hill was flying solo in 1999.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 09 April, 2012.
- Brad Paisley‘s 5th Gear album was certified platinum in 2008.
- Rascal Flatts and Loretta Lynn were celebrated at the Recording Academy Honors at Nashville’s Loews Vanderbilt Plaza in 2007.
- Anna Nicole Smith made an appearance on the Grand Ole Opry in 2005 and flashed what appear to some fans to be her breasts, though Opry officials insist she was wearing a nude bra. She also met Joe Nichols, who wound up singing at her 2007 funeral.
- Faith Hill launched her first tour as a solo headliner in 1999.
- Tammy Wynette was eulogized with a public memorial service at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium in 1998. Artists who paid homage to the late singer included Lorrie Morgan, Rudy Gatlin, Randy Travis, The Judds and Dolly Parton.
- Patty Loveless earned her first gold album for Honky Tonk Angel in 1991.
- George Strait charted a Number One in Billboard with “Famous Last Words Of A Fool” in 1988.
- Charley Pride recorded the chart-topping single, “Hope You’re Feelin’ Me (Like I’m Feelin’ You),” in 1975.
- Patsy Cline‘s Number One single, “I Fall to Pieces,” charted in 1961.
Here’s Patsy on the Glenn Reeves Show in 1963.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.