Brad Paisley Is A Guy, Don Gibson Is Lonesome – Today In Country Music History
Brad Paisley proudly declared his manhood on this date in 2008, Crystal Gayle became the first woman in Country Music to earn a platinum album in 1978 and Don Gibson was lonesome in 1958.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 15 February, 2012.
- Brad Paisley's "I'm Still A Guy" was released to radio in 2008.
- The Rascal Flatts album Me And My Gang went quadruple-platinum in 2007.
- Billy Currington earned a gold single with "Must Be Doin' Somethin' Right" in 2006.
- Garth Brooks' "What She's Doing Now" became his eighth Number One hit in 1992.
- Ricky Van Shelton's debut album, Wild-Eyed Dream, was released in 1987.
- Dolly Parton won her first Grammy for "Here You Come Again" in 1979.
- Crystal Gayle became the first country-based female artist to receive a platinum album for We Must Believe In Magic in 1978.
- T.G. Sheppard collected his first Number One country single in Billboard magazine with "Devil In The Bottle" in 1975.
- Don Gibson's Number One single "Oh Lonesome Me" charted in 1958.
- Jerry Lee Lewis performed "Great Balls Of Fire" and "Breathless" on ABC's American Bandstand, hosted by Dick Clark, in 1958.
Here's a fun clip of Don Gibson and June Carter singing Oh, Lonesome Me.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.