Brad Paisley Plays With Stock Cars, Alan Jackson Plays The Blues – Today In Country Music History
Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley played at Daytona Motor Speedway in 2011, LeAnn Rimes and Big & Rich played the NBA All Star Game in 2005 and Alan Jackson guest starred in the TV show Tool Time on Tim Allen’s Home Improvement TV show.
Click through to see the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 20 February, 2012.
- Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley performed before the Daytona 500 at the Daytona Motor Speedway in 2011, while Martina McBride sang the national anthem.
- LeAnn Rimes and Big & Rich performed at halftime during the NBA all-star basketball game at Denver’s Colorado Convention Center in 2005.
- The Dixie Chicks‘ debut album, Wide Open Spaces, reached 12 million in shipments in 2003.
- Mark Chesnutt‘s remake of “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” hit the top of Billboard‘s country singles chart in 1999.
- Alan Jackson made a guest appearance on Home Improvement, singing “Mercury Blues” on the fictitious handyman show Tool Time, in 1996.
- Vince Gill won his first Grammy for “When I Call Your Name” in 1991.
- Buck Owens‘s recording of “I’ve Got A Tiger By The Tail” began a five-week run at Number One in 1965.
- The Louvin Brothers joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1955.
Let’s take another look at Alan Jackson’s Home Improvement appearance.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.