Brad Paisley Wastes Time, Charlie Daniels Reflects – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
It was on this date in 2003 that Darlye Singletary got married, Brad Paisley was wasting time in 2005 and the Charlie Daniels Band was feeling reflective back in 1979.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 16 August, 2011.
- Daryle Singletary married surgical nurse Holly Mercer at the Lovely Lanes Chapel in St. Simons, Georgia in 2003.
- Mary Chapin Carpenter sang "Why Walk When You Can Fly" at the Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles as the party nominated vice president Al Gore for president in 2000.
- Brad Paisley's Time Well Wasted album was released in 2005 .
- Alabama charted its first Number On single in Billboard with "Tennessee River" in 1980.
- The Charlie Daniels Band picked up its first platinum album for Million Mile Reflections in 1979.
- Elvis Presley died in 1977.
- Merle Haggard's blue-collar anthem "Workin' Man Blues" went to Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1969.
- Jeannie Seely became a Grand Ole Opry member in 1967.
- Patsy Montana recorded "I Wanna Be A Cowboy's Sweetheart" in 1935.
Here's Charlie and the band on the night they were inducted as a member of the Grand Ole Opry, hold on tight!
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.