Brad Paisley Wears A Special Jacket, Joe Diffie Is Big – Today In Country Music History
Brad Paisley wore a very special jacket for his induction into the Grand Ole Opry on this date in 2001, Joe Diffie was big ... REALLY BIG ... in 1996 and Gene Autry didn't like fences in 1945.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 17 February, 2012.
- Porter Wagoner gave his first Los Angeles concert in nearly 40 years, opening for Neko Case at the Henry Fonda Theatre, in 2007. He employed an all-star band with guitarist Marty Stuart, bass player Dwight Yoakam and drummer Billy Bob Thornton.
- Brad Paisley was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in 2001 wearing the yellow jacket that Buck Owens wore the night he recorded his Live At Carnegie Hall album.
- Jamie O'Neal peaked at Number One in Billboard with "There Is No Arizona" in 2001.
- Joe Diffie's "Bigger Than The Beatles" hit Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1996.
- John Michael Montgomery's "I Can Love You Like That" was released in 1995.
- Gene Autry's "Don't Fence Me In" charted in 1945.
Let's give a quick listen to Joe Diffie's tune from 1996.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.