Brooks & Dunn Go Platinum, The Wreckers Look Pretty – Today In Country Music History
Brooks & Dunn earned another platinum album on this date in 2007, The Wreckers Looked Pretty in 2006 and Brad Paisley kicked off his very first headlining tour in 2002.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 19 September, 2011.
- Brooks & Dunn earned a platinum album for The Greatest Hits Collection II in 2007.
- The Wreckers‘ Stand Still, Look Pretty album was certified gold in 2006.
- Grand Ole Opry member Skeeter Davis passed away in Nashville in 2004.
- Brad Paisley kicked off his first headlining tour at the Celebrity Theater in Phoenix in 2002.
- Eddie Rabbitt, Kent Robbins (“Straight Tequila Night”) and Merle Kilgore (“Ring Of Fire”) were inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1998.
- Patty Loveless‘s Honky Tonk Angel album was released in 1988.
- Mickey Gilley‘s remake of “You Don’t Know Me” hit Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1981.
- Gram Parsons died in Joshua Tree, California, in 1973.
- Crystal Gayle debuted on the country chart with “I’ve Cried (The Blues Right Out Of My Eyes)” in 1970.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.