Carrie Underwood Finds A Cowboy, Brad Paisley Wastes Time – Today In Country Music History
Her Cassanova Cowboy was very good to Carrie Underwood on this date in 2010, Brad Paisley's Wasted Time paid off with a double platinum album in 2007 and Tim McGraw lost his father to brain cancer in 2004.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 05 January, 2012.
- Carrie Underwood's "Cowboy Casanova" went gold in 2010.
- James Otto underwent shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff and bone spurs in 2009.
- Brad Paisley's Time Well Wasted album was certified double-platinum in 2007.
- Jo Dee Messina began her first USO tour in 2007.
- Tim McGraw's father, baseball great Tug McGraw, died of brain cancer in Nashville in 2004.
- Oak Ridge Boy William Lee Golden married former Miss Tennessee Brenda Kaye Hall in 1990.
- George Strait charted a Number One single in Billboard with "Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind" in 1985.
- John Anderson's "Swingin'" was released in 1983.
- Marty Robbins was admitted to Nashville's St. Thomas Hospital after suffering a heart attack in 1981.
- Kenny Rogers' "Coward Of The County" began a three-week reign at Number One on the country chart in 1980.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to lonestar 102.3 online.