Carrie Underwood Gets Engaged, Brad Paisley Gets “Signed” – Today In Country Music History
Carrie Underwood got engaged on this date in 2009, Brad Paisley's home town gave him a special sign in 2000 and Garth Brooks went to number one on the charts with a song about a beer bottle.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music for 20 December, 2011.
- Carrie Underwood got engaged to Ottawa hockey player Mike Fisher at his home in Ontario in 2009.
- Kenny Chesney began a seven-week stay at Number One in Billboard with "There Goes My Life" in 2003.
- A new sign was erected in 2000 in the Mountain State reading "Glen Dale, West Virginia -- Home Of Brad Paisley, Member Of The Grand Ole Opry."
- Eddy Arnold received a National Medal of Arts from President Clinton in a ceremony at Washington, D.C.'s Constitution Hall in 2000.
- Country Music Hall Of Fame member Hank Snow died in Nashville in 1999.
- Garth Brooks's single "Longneck Bottle" went to Number One in 1997.
- Randy Travis joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1986.
- Johnny Cash checked into the Betty Ford Center to prevent an addiction to pain-killers administered during a recent hospital stay in 1983.
- Lefty Frizzell debuted on the Grand Ole Opry in 1950.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.