Charlie Daniels, Jack Ingram, Alabama – Today In Country Music History
Charlie Daniels sang the National Anthem at Shea Stadium in 2006, Jack Ingram scored his first number one hit with Wherever You Are that same year and Alabama released My Home's In Alabama back in 1980!
Here's the rundown for Today In Country Music History for 20 May, 2011.
- Charlie Daniels performed the national anthem at Shea Stadium when the New York Mets baseball team hosted the cross-town Yankees in 2006.
- Jack Ingram charted his first Number One Billboard hit in 2006 with "Wherever You Are."
- Faith Hill's "The Way You Love Me" began a four-week stay at Number One on the Billboard country chart in 2000.
- Sara Evans' debut album, Three Chords And The Truth, was released in 1997.
- Alabama's first charted album, My Home's In Alabama, was released in 1980.
- Don Gibson joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1958.
- Marty Robbins' Number One single "A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)" debuted on the country chart in 1957.
Not near a radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.