Clay Walker Dreams, The Dixie Chicks Fly – Today In Country Music History
The Dixie Chicks flew on this date in 1999, Clay Walker dreamed in 1994, Merle Haggard had the number one Country song in the nation in 1968 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 31 August, 2012.
- The Dixie Chicks‘ Fly album was released in 1999.
- Clay Walker earned his first platinum album with his self-titled debut in 1994.
- George Jones topped the Billboard country singles list with “The Grand Tour” in 1974.
- Dolly Parton‘s “Love Is Like A Butterfly” became her third Number One in a year in 1974.
- Merle Haggard‘s prison-themed “Mama Tried” claimed the top spot on the Billboard country singles chart in 1968.
- Jeannie C. Riley made her Opry debut in 1968.
- Roy Clark married Barbara Joyce Rupard in 1957.
Here’s a little Clay Walker from the ’90s.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.