Clay Walker Gets Engaged, Kenny Rogers Takes A Gamble – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Clay Walker got engaged to his sweetheart on this date in 2006, Vince Gill wondered why nobody answered in 1989 and Kenny Rogers' big Gamble paid off handsomely in 1978.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 14 November, 2011.
- Clay Walker got engaged to Jessica Craig at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Galveston, Texas in 2006.
- Jack Ingram's "Lips Of An Angel" was released to radio in 2006.
- The Grand Ole Opry held a show at Carnegie Hall, with Trace Adkins, Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, Alison Krauss + Union Station, Little Jimmy Dickens, Trisha Yearwood, Martina McBride, Bill Anderson, Brad Paisley, Charley Pride and Ricky Skaggs in 2005.
- Garth Brooks: Coast To Coast Live aired on CBS-TV in 2001.
- Vince Gill's When I Call Your Name album was released in 1989.
- Kenny Rogers' The Gambler album was released in 1978.
- Crystal Gayle received her first gold single and album, for "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" and "We Must Believe In Magic" in 1977.
- The Carlisles made their first Grand Ole Opry appearance as members in 1953.
Do you remember where you were the first time you heard this?
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.