Darius Rucker Had A Thought, John Berry Was Amazed – Today In Country Music History
Darius Rucker was Thinking - and don't think he wasn't - on this date in 2008, Faith Hill sang the National Anthem at a movie opening in 2001, John Berry was Amazed in 1994 and more.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 21 May, 2012.
- Darius Rucker's first country single, "Don't Think I Don't Think About It," was released to radio in 2008.
- Emerson Drive's self-titled debut album was released in 2002.
- The movie Pearl Harbor premiered in Hawaii in 2001. Faith Hill opened the event by singing the national anthem. Lee Greenwood closed it with "God Bless The U.S.A."
- Garth Brooks' No Fences became the first country album certified for shipments of 14 million copies in 1998.
- John Berry scored his first Number One hit with "Your Love Amazes Me" in 1994.
- Trisha Yearwood and the Mavericks' Robert Reynolds were married at the Ryman Auditorium in 1994. They have since divorced, and Trisha is now married to Garth Brooks.
- Eddy Arnold's "Bouquet Of Roses" logged its 54th week on the Billboard country chart in 1949.
Here's Darius Rucker from four years ago.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.