Dierks Bentley Gets Married In Mexico, Jimmy Dean Strikes Gold – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Dierks Bentley ran off to get married in Mexico on this date in 2005, Jimmy Dean had the first RIAA Country song to be a certified gold record … EVER … on this date in 1961 and Toby Keith made his Grand Ole Opry debut in 2002.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 14 December, 2011.
- Dierks Bentley married his high school sweetheart, Cassidy Black, in Mexico in 2005.
- Toby Keith made his Grand Ole Opry debut in 2002.
- Montgomery Gentry singer Troy Gentry married Angie McClure in Maui in 1999.
- LeAnn Rimes made her acting debut in the ABC-TV movie Holiday In Your Heart in 1997.
- Lorrie Morgan debuted on the Grand Ole Opry at the age of 13 in 1973.
- Jimmy Dean’s Columbia recording of “Big Bad John” was the first country single to be certified gold by the RIAA in 1961.
- Flatt & Scruggs released “Roll in My Sweet Baby’s Arms” and “I’ll Just Pretend” in 1951.
Here’s the Christmas version of Toby Keith’s Red Solo Cup.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.