Dolly Parton Gets A Park, Josh Turner Gets The Gold – Today In Country Music History
Josh Turner earned a gold single on this date in 2008, Dollywood opened in 1986, Kenny Rogers was on the silver screen in 1982 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 16 July, 2012.
- Josh Turner received a gold single for “Would You Go With Me” in 2008.
- Kenny Chesney set a new record for a country show when his concert at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts, grossed $4 million in 2006. The bill also featured Dierks Bentley, Gretchen Wilson, Big & Rich and Carrie Underwood.
- Dolly Parton‘s Dollywood theme park opened in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee in 1986.
- Alabama charted a Number One single on the Billboard country chart with “The Closer You Get” in 1983.
- Kenny Rogers made his film debut in the movie Six Pack in 1982.
- Ronnie Milsap earned a Number One country single in Billboard with “It Was Almost Like A Song” in 1977.
- Merle Haggard recorded the Number One single, “Okie from Muskogee,” in 1969.
Here’s Josh Turner from 2008.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.