Elvis Checks Into Hotel, Brad Paisley Takes Pictures – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Keith Urban played the Super Bowl in 2011, Brad Paisley was behind the camera in 1999 and Elvis checked into Heartbreak Hotel back in 1956.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 06 February, 2012.
- Keith Urban performed "Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me" at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, before the Super Bowl, a 31-25 Green Bay Packers win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, in 2011.
- Darius Rucker's first country album, Learn To Live, was certified gold in 2009.
- Jason Michael Carroll's debut album, Waitin' In The Country, was released in 2007.
- Merle Kilgore, co-songwriter of Johnny Cash's "Ring Of Fire" and longtime manager of Hank Williams, Jr., died on this day in 2005.
- Diamond Rio's One More Day album was released in 2001.
- Brad Paisley made his chart debut with the single "Who Needs Pictures" in 1999.
- George Jones recorded the final vocal on "He Stopped Loving Her Today" in 1980.
- Ronnie Milsap joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1976.
- Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn's single "After The Fire Is Gone" debuted on the chart in 1971.
- Dolly Parton's "Joshua" became her first Number One hit in 1971.
- Elvis Presley released "Heartbreak Hotel" in 1956.
Here's some vintage Brad Paisley from 13 years ago.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.