Elvis Presley Dies, Brad Paisley Wastes Time – Today In Country Music History
Elvis Presley passed away on this date in 1977, Brad Paisley was wasting time in 2005, Patsy Montana wanted to be a "Cowboy's Sweetheart" in 1935 and more.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 16 August, 2012.
- Brad Paisley's Time Well Wasted album was released in 2005.
- Daryle Singletary married surgical nurse Holly Mercer at the Lovely Lanes Chapel in St. Simons, Georgia in 2003.
- Mary Chapin Carpenter sang "Why Walk When You Can Fly" at the Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles as the party nominated vice president Al Gore for president in 2000.
- Alabama charted its first Number On single in Billboard with "Tennessee River" in 1980.
- The Charlie Daniels Band picked up its first platinum album for Million Mile Reflections in 1979.
- Elvis Presley died in 1977.
- Merle Haggard's blue-collar anthem "Workin' Man Blues" went to Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1969.
- Jeannie Seely became a Grand Ole Opry member in 1967.
- Patsy Montana recorded "I Wanna Be A Cowboy's Sweetheart" in 1935.
Here's some vintage Elvis to help us remember.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.