Faith Hill Breathes, George Jones Wonders Why – Today In Country Music History
Taylor Swift went back to December on this November day in 2010, Faith Hill was breathing nicely in 1999, George Jones wondered why in 1955 and more.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 09 November, 2012.
- Taylor Swift's "Back To December" was released to radio in 2010.
- Randy Travis, Trace Adkins and Martina McBride were added to the Music City Walk of Fame in Nashville in 2008.
- Jamey Johnson, Bill Anderson and Buddy Cannon wrote the George Strait hit "Give It Away" in 2005.
- Gretchen Wilson and her former boyfriend, Mike Penner, welcomed daughter Grace in 2000.
- Faith Hill's fourth album, Breathe, was released in 1999.
- The Internal Revenue Service seized the property of Willie Nelson in six states, including his Austin recording studio, to satisfy a $6.5 million debt in 1990.
- Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard recorded their classic duet "Pancho and Lefty" in 1982.
- Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn recorded their first duet, "After the Fire is Gone," in 1970.
- Roy Acuff became the first living member inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1962.
- George Jones makes his chart debut with "Why, Baby, Why" in 1955.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.