George Strait, Clint Black, Glen Campbell – Today In Country Music History
Aside from being Glen Campbell's birthday, today is special for George Strait for hitting number one with The Best Day in 2000, for Clint Black and the Grand Ole Opry, even for George and Tammy way back in 1976. Where were you the first time you heard Golden Ring?
Here's the list of notable events for Today In Country Music History, 22 April, 2011.
- George Strait's "The Best Day" claimed the Number One slot on the Billboard country chart in 2000.
- John Michael Montgomery's "I Can Love You Like That" began a three-week stay atop the country singles chart in 1995.
- Clint Black made his Grand Ole Opry debut in 1989.
- George Jones & Tammy Wynette recorded the classic duet "Golden Ring" in 1976.
- Merle Haggard recorded the Number One single "The Roots Of My Raising" in 1975.