Jake Owen Gets Inked, Sara Evans Gets A Ring – Today In Country Music History
Jake Owen got inked on this date in 2005, Sara Evans got married and Bob Wills got stamped in 1993 and more. Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 25 September, 2012.
- Jake Owen signed with RCA Records in 2005.
- Lonestar drummer Keech Rainwater married CMT Canada employee Elissa Lansdell in Toronto in 2004. The ceremony included a taped performance by the band of “Amazed.”
- Diamond Rio‘s Brian Prout and “Breathe” songwriter Stephanie Bentley-Prout welcomed daughter Lily Arlina Kay Prout in Nashville in 2002.
- Alan Jackson recorded “Drive (For Daddy Gene)” and “That’d Be Alright” in 2001.
- “Something Like That” took Tim McGraw to Number One in Billboard for the first of five weeks in 1999.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
- Sara Evans married Craig Schelske in Boonesboro, Missouri in 1993.
- The Postal Service issued a series of stamps honoring four important country music acts in 1993: Hank Williams, The Carter Family, Patsy Cline and Bob Wills.
- John Anderson‘s first Number One single “Wild And Blue” charted in 1982.
- West Plains, Missouri, celebrated Porter Wagoner Day by renaming a city street Porter Wagoner Boulevard in 1971.
- The Statler Brothers debuted on the chart with “Flowers On The Wall” in 1965.
- Loretta Lynn joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1962.
- Leroy Van Dyke‘s “Walk On By” spent the first of 19 weeks at Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1961.
- “Hank Williams Day” was officially declared in Montgomery, Alabama, in 1954.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.