Jason Aldean Loves Tattoos, Jo Dee Messina Is Alright – Today In Country Music History
Jason Aldean loved his "Tattoos" on this date in 2011, Jo Dee Messina was doing "Alright" in 1998, Restless Heart had a question in 1987 and more.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 22 August, 2012.
- Jason Aldean's "Tattoos On This Town" was released to radio in 2011.
- Alan Jackson picked up a platinum album for When Somebody Loves You in 2001.
- Jo Dee Messina scored a Number One hit with "I'm Alright" in 1998.
- O.V. "Mooney" Lynn Jr., husband of Loretta Lynn, died in 1996.
- Roy Clark joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1987.
- The Mavericks earned their first gold album for What A Crying Shame in 1994.
- Restless Heart appeared at Number One in Billboard with "Why Does It Have To Be (Wrong Or Right)" in 1987.
- Crystal Gayle and husband-manager Bill Gatzimos welcomed their first child, Katherine Claire, in 1983.
- George Jones married Tammy Wynette in 1968.
Here's Jo Dee Messina from back in the day.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.