Jerry Reed Is Hot, George Strait Takes Notes – Today In Country Music History
Loretta Lynn became a member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame on this date in 2008, George Strait was writing things down in 1999, Jerry Reed was Hot in 1971 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 19 June, 2012.
- Loretta Lynn joined the Songwriters Hall of Fame during a ceremony at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York in 2008. Other inductees included Desmond Child, John Sebastian, Alan Menken and Albert Hammond. Anne Murray received the Hitmaker Award.
- Taylor Swift‘s debut single, “Tim McGraw”, was released in 2006.
- Gretchen Wilson and Josh Gracin performed for president George W. Bush among 6,000 guests at the President’s Dinner at the Washington Convention Center in 2006.
- Big & Rich were made honorary marshals of Deadwood, South Dakota in 2005.
- George Strait charted a Number One single in Billboard with “Write This Down” in 1999.
- Patty Loveless topped the Billboard country chart with “Blame It On Your Heart” in 1993.
- Ricky Van Shelton auditioned for CBS Record label executives in 1986.
- Riders in the Sky joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1982.
- Jerry Reed claimed the Number One position on the Billboard country chart with “When You’re Hot, You’re Hot” in 1971.
Here’s Jerry Reed from the 1972 Grammy Awards presentation.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.