Johnny Cash Walks The Line, Martina McBride Is Blessed – Today In Country Music History
It was on this date in 2002 that Martina McBride was Blessed to be at the top of the Country Music charts, Garth Brooks had lot’s of Time on his hands in 1992 and Johnny Cash Walked The Line in Memphis back in 1956.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 30 March, 2012.
- Martina McBride and “Blessed” earned the Number One position in Billboard in 2002.
- Time magazine put Garth Brooks on the cover in 1992.
- The collaborative album Wanted: The Outlaws — featuring Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Tompall Glaser and Jessie Colter — was certified gold in 1976.
- Ronnie Milsap charted his first Number One single, “Pure Love,” in 1974.
- Tanya Tucker hit Number One in Billboard with “Would Lay With Me (In A Field Of Stone)” in 1974.
- Wilma Lee and Stoney Cooper joined the Opry in 1957.
- Johnny Cash recorded his classic single “I Walk The Line” for Sun Records in 1956.
Here’s some vintage video of a 23 year old Johnny Cash on the Tex Ritter Show.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.