Justin Moore Plays The Opry, The Statler Brothers Check Out The Wallpaper – Today In Country Music History
Justin Moore made his Grand Ole Opry debut on this date in 2009, the Bellamy Brothers made their very first appearance on the Country music charts in 1976 and the Statler Brothers were admiring the wallpaper back in 1965.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 13 March, 2012.
- Justin Moore sang “Small Town USA” in his Grand Ole Opry debut in 2009.
- The state of Texas observed Lee Ann Womack Day in 2003.
- Charley Pride received a Hall of Fame medallion at the first official function at the new Country Music Hall of Fame in downtown Nashville in 2001.
- Tricky Pony‘s self-titled debut album was released in 2001.
- The Bellamy Brothers had their first song on the country (and pop) charts with “Let Your Love Flow” in 1976.
- The Dixie Chicks‘ “You Were Mine” became their third Number One single in 1999.
- Trisha Yearwood became the 71st member of the Grand Ole Opry cast in 1999.
- Patsy Cline‘s Greatest Hits was released in 1967.
- The Statler Brothers recorded their first hit, “Flowers On The Wall,” in 1965.
- Maybelle Addington &Ezra Carter were married in 1926.
Let’s take a look back and see what the Bellamy Brothers looked and sounded like in the mid ’70s.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.