Justin Moore Thinks Small Town, Johnny Horton Looks North – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Justin Moore was happy about being in a Small Town on this date in 2009, Willie Nelson’s album went quadruple-platinum in 1990 and Johnny Horton was looking North in 1961.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 09 January, 2012.
- Justin Moore‘s “Small Town USA” was released to radio in 2009.
- Just The Same became Terri Clark‘s second platinum album in 2001.
- Willie Nelson‘s Stardust album was certified quadruple-platinum in 1990.
- A five-mile stretch of Gallatin Road in Hendersonville, Tennessee, was renamed the Johnny Cash Parkway in 1982.
- Charley Pride‘s Country Charley Pride and Did You Think To Pray albums were certified gold in 1975.
- Norma Jean joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1965.
- The Johnny Horton classic “North To Alaska” went to Number One in Billboard in 1961.
- Patsy Cline became a member of the Grand Ole Opry in 1960.
What? You don’t remember Johnny Horton’s 1961 hit? Here’s a listen.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.