Kenny Chesney Sings In The Sun, Trace Adkins Proposes – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Kenny Chesney was the Thanksgiving Eve entertainment in 2005, Deana Carter was drinking Strawberry Wine and Trace Adkins proposed to his girlfriend on a very famous stage in 1996.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 23 November, 2011.
- ABC aired a Thanksgiving Eve special, Kenny Chesney: Somewhere In The Sun, featuring footage from his Pittsburgh stadium concert and the Caribbean islands in 2005.
- Faith Hill starred in her first TV special, Faith!, on Thanksgiving on CBS in 2000.
- Deana Carter claimed the top spot on the Billboard country chart with “Strawberry Wine” in 1996.
- Trace Adkins made his debut on the Grand Ole Opry in 1996. After singing “Every Light In The House,” he dropped to one knee, brought out girlfriend Rhonda Forlaw and asked her to marry him.
- Roy Acuff died from congestive heart failure in Nashville in 1992.
- Tammy Wynette climbed to Number One in Billboard with “Stand By Your Man” in 1968.
- Jack Greene became the first country star to appear in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1967.
- “Great Balls Of Fire” by Jerry Lee Lewis topped both the country and pop charts in 1957.
Here’s a clip from Kenny’s Somewhere In The Sun show.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.