Kenny Rogers Has A Hit, Craig Morgan Breaks His Arm – Today In Country Music History
Brad Paisley performed in front of an all star crowd at the funeral for Buck Owens on this date in 2006, Craig Morgan crashed his motorcycle in a cross country race that same day and Kenny Rogers had the top Country song in the nation with one of the best brainworm songs of all time in 1977.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music for 02 April, 2012.
- Brad Paisley performed "When I Get Where I'm Going" during the funeral for Buck Owens at the Valley Baptist Church in Bakersfield in 2006. Dwight Yoakam, Garth Brooks, Chris Hillman, Herb Pedersen, Lulu Roman, John Berry and Trace Adkins were also in attendance.
- Craig Morgan broke his left wrist and suffered a concussion when he was thrown over the handlebars in an accident during a cross country motorcycle race in Bucksnort, Tennessee in 2006.
- Little Texas scored their first Number One single with "My Love" in 1994.
- Wynonna Judd performed her first solo concert in Midland, Texas in 1992.
- Diamond Rio signed its first recording contract with Arista Records in 1990.
- Reba McEntire's "Love Will Find Its Way To You" climbed to Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1988.
- Alabama's Roll On album was certified gold and platinum in 1984.
- "Lucille" brought Kenny Rogers his first Number One country single in Billboard in 1977.
Here's a look back at Kenny in 1977. Funny, except for the huge flair leg pants he looks pretty much the same as he does today.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.