Lady Antebellum Gets The Gold, Kenny Chesney Doesn’t Bat An Eye – Today In Country Music History
Lady Antebellum traded some honey for some gold on this date in 2010, Kenny Chesney advised us all not to blink in 2007 and Elvis Presley had the number one Country song in the nation back in 1977.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 20 August, 2011.
- Lady Antebellum collected a gold single for "American Honey" and a quadruple-platinum single for "Need You Now" in 2010.
- Kenny Chesney's "Don't Blink" single was released to radio in 2007.
- Collin Raye's debut album, All I Can Be, was released in 1991.
- Restless Heart's "Bluest Eyes In Texas" rose to Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1988.
- Deborah Allen's first solo Top 10, "Baby I Lied," charted at Number Four in 1983.
- Elvis Presley's "Way Down" went to Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1977.
- Johnny Cash & June Carter recorded "If I Were A Carpenter" in 1969.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.