Lady Antebellum Is Needy, Carl Perkins Has Cool Shoes – Today In Country Music History
Lady Antebellum was glad they were needy on this date in 2010, Collin Raye was on top of the charts with a song about a special kind of girl in 1995 and Carl Perkins was sporting some Blue Suede Shoes way back in 1956.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 18 February, 2012.
- Lady Antebellum collected a double-platinum single for “Need You Now” in 2010.
- Rascal Flatts’ “Every Day” was released to radio in 2008.
- Six years after work began on the sitcom, Reba aired for the last time on the CW network in 2007.
- Did I Shave My Legs For This? earned Deana Carter a double-platinum album in 1997.
- Collin Raye topped the Billboard country chart with “My Kind Of Girl” in 1995.
- Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner performed together for the first time since their 1974 breakup, while taping an episode of Dolly! at Nashville’s Grand Ole Opry House in 1988.
- Emmylou Harris earned two gold albums in a single day for Blue Kentucky Girl and Profile: Best Of Emmylou Harris in 1981.
- Carl Perkins‘ Number One single “Blue Suede Shoes” debuted on the chart in 1956.
Is it Country, Rock N Roll or Rockabilly? You be the judge.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.