Lady Antebellum Owns The Night, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Sings In Circles – Today In Country Music History
Lady Antebellum owned the night on this date in 2011, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band had plenty of help to keep the circle going in 2002, President Jimmy Carter made country fans across the nation happy in 1980 and more. Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 01 October, 2012.
- Lady Antebellum sang “We Owned The Night” and “Just A Kiss” on NBC’s Saturday Night Live in 2011.
- Dierks Bentley was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in 2005.
- The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band‘s Will The Circle Be Unbroken, Vol. 3 was released, featuring Johnny Cash, Alison Krauss, Vince Gill, Del McCoury, and others, in 2002.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
- Patty Loveless‘ self-titled debut album was released in 1986.
- President Carter proclaimed October as “Country Music Month” in 1980.
- Kenny Rogers earned a Number One country single in Billboard with “Daytime Friends” in 1977.
- Loretta Lynn recorded “Coal Miner’s Daughter” in 1969.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.