Lady Antebellum Turns Honey Into Gold, Restless Heart Goes For The Blue – Today In Country Music History
Honey was gold for Lady Antebellum on this date in 2010, Collin Raye released his debut CD in 1991, Restless Heart fell for a pair of pretty blue eyes in 1988 and more.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 20 August, 2012.
- Lady Antebellum collected a gold single for "American Honey" and a quadruple-platinum single for "Need You Now" in 2010.
- Kenny Chesney's "Don't Blink" single was released to radio in 2007.
- Collin Raye's debut album, All I Can Be, was released in 1991.
- Restless Heart's "Bluest Eyes In Texas" rose to Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1988.
- Deborah Allen's first solo Top 10, "Baby I Lied," charted at Number Four in 1983.
- Elvis Presley's "Way Down" went to Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1977.
- Johnny Cash & June Carter recorded "If I Were A Carpenter" in 1969.
Here's a flashback to 1988.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.