Lauren And Scotty Sing A Duet, Dolly Parton Works 9 To 5 – Today In Country Music History
Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery sang a Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis duet on American Idol on this date in 2011, Alan Jackson's Greatest Hits collection went quadruple platinum in 1998 and Dolly Parton was working 9 to 5 at the Academy Awards in 1981.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 31 March, 2012.
- American Idol contestants Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina covered the Randy Travis/Carrie Underwood duet "I Told You So" on the FOX-TV show in 2011.
- Keith Urban's Defying Gravity album was released in 2009.
- Alan Jackson's The Greatest Hits Collection went quadruple-platinum in 1998.
- Wynonna's self-titled solo debut album was released in 1992.
- Alabama's Greatest Hits album was certified gold and platinum in 1986.
- Dolly Parton performed "9 To 5" on the Academy Awards in 1981.
- Johnny Rodriguez charted his first Number One single, "You Always Come Back (To Hurting Me)," in 1973.
- Patsy Cline claimed a Number One country single in Billboard with "She's Got You" in 1962.
I know it's the weekend, but here's a little 9 to 5 from Dolly, anyway.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.