LeAnn Rimes Sings At The Rose Bowl, Johnny Cash Sings Bass – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
LeAnn Rimes sang the National Anthem on this date in 2006, Dwight Yoakum was happily saying Goodnight from a lonely room in 1989 and Johnny Cash (with a little help from some friends) was at the top of the Country charts in 1969.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 04 January, 2012.
- LeAnn Rimes sang the national anthem at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California, while Big & Rich performed six songs at a pre-game tailgate party in 2006. The Texas Longhorns defeated the USC Trojans, 41-38.
- Collin Raye hit Number One for the first time with "Love, Me" in 1992.
- Dwight Yoakam earned a gold album with Buenas Noches From A Lonely Room in 1989.
- Johnny Cash's "Daddy Sang Bass", featuring Jan Howard, The Statler Brothers and The Carter Family, topped the country chart in 1969.
- More than twenty thousand people attended Hank Williams' funeral in Montgomery, Alabama in 1953.
I can never pass up a chance to revisit an old Johnny Cash tune. This version is from 1973.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.