Luke Bryan Likes Rain, Mark Wills Looks Back – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
We all agreed with Luke Bryan on this date in 2010, Sugarland’s debut album went double-platinum in 2006 and Mark Wills looked back in 2003.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 11 January, 2012.
- Luke Bryan‘s “Rain Is A Good Thing” was released to radio in 2010.
- Sugarland‘s debut album, Twice The Speed Of Life, went double-platinum in 2006.
- Big & Rich‘s Horse Of A Different Color album was certified double-platinum in 2005.
- Mark Wills began a six-week stay at the top of the Billboard chart with “19 Somethin'” in 2003.
- Kevin Sharp‘s remake of “Nobody Knows” hit Number One on the Billboard country singles chart in 1997.
- Wade Hayes made his Grand Ole Opry debut in 1997.
- Garth Brooks‘ “Unanswered Prayers” became his fourth Number One hit in 1991.
- Mel McDaniel joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1986.
- Lefty Frizzell recorded his first Number One single, “I Want To Be With You Always,” in 1951.
And here’s a look back at Mark Wills’ 19-Somethin’.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.