Martina McBride Is In The Olympics, Billy Currington Has A Beer – Today In Country Music History
Billy Currington was getting pretty good at … selling records … on this date in 2011, Martina McBride was an Olympian in 2002 and way back before American Idol or The X Factor, Sawyer Brown won Star Search in 1984.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 24 February, 2012.
- Billy Currington earned a gold single for “Pretty Good At Drinkin’ Beer” in 2011.
- George Strait earned a Number One country single in Billboard with “It Just Comes Natural” in 2007.
- Martina McBride performed at Salt Lake City’s Olympics Medals Park on closing night of the 2002 Winter Olympics.
- Keith Urban scored his first Number One single with “But for the Grace of God” in 2001.
- The Dixie Chicks won their first Grammys for Best Country Vocal Group and Best Country Album in 1999.
- Reba McEntire won her first Grammy for “Whoever’s in New England” in 1987.
- Sawyer Brown won $100,000 as the big winners on Star Search in 1984.
- Dolly Parton won two Grammys for “9 to 5″ — best country song and best country female vocal performance, in 1982.
- Johnny Cash recorded his live album, Johnny Cash at San Quentin, in 1969.
Let’s join Billy Currington and pop the top on a frosty brew.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.