Miranda Lambert Wins More Awards, Kenny Chesney Watches The Sun Go Down – Today In Country Music History
While Miranda Lambert took home a couple ACM awards THIS year, she took four home in 2011. Between her's and Blake's they may need some extra shelving around their mantle!
Kenny Chesney and Uncle Kracker were at the top of the Country music chart in 2009.
And Elvis was on the Milton Berle Show on this date in 1956.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 03 April, 2012.
- Miranda Lambert won four trophies -- Top Female Vocalist, and Single Record, Song and Video of the Year for "The House That Built Me" -- during the 46th annaul Academy of Country Music Awards at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in 2011.
- Love And Theft's Eric Gunderson married Emily Hagar at the Hazel Path Mansion in Hendersonville, Tennessee in 2010.
- Reba McEntire and Heidi Newfield were featured in a country edition of the daytime game show The Price Is Right in 2009.
- Kenny Chesney and Uncle Kracker took "When The Sun Goes Down" to Number One on the Billboard chart in 2004.
- Brad Paisley received the Nashville Songwriters Association's songwriter/artist of the year award in 2002.
- Kris Kristofferson made his Broadway debut in a one-week string of performances of Joseph And Mary in 1996.
- The Oak Ridge Boys took the Number One spot in Billboard with "Bobbie Sue" in 1982.
- Roy Clark made the first of several guest appearances on The Beverly Hillbillies, playing Cousin Roy and Mother Myrtle, in 1968.
- Emmylou Harris' Hot Band debuted in San Francisco in 1975.
- The Statler Brothers made their recording debut with "The Wreck of the Old '97" in 1964.
- Elvis Presley appeared on The Milton Berle Show in 1956.
It looks like Uncle Miltie wasn't afraid to show Elvis below the hips!
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.