Most Wanted Sex Offender Arrested by DPS
An anonymous tip led DPS officials to a Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender.
Department of Public Safety Special Agents located and arrested Charles Simpson, 48, on Thursday in downtown Houston. Simpson was wanted for parole violation and failure to comply as a sex offender.
In 1990, Simpson was convicted in Harris County of sexual assault; and in 1993, he was convicted of delivery of a controlled substance. Simpson received parole in 2006 and had been wanted since January 2016.
So far in 2016, DPS and other agencies have arrested 19 Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives and Sex Offenders – including 12 sex offenders and eight gang members – and $42,500 in rewards have been paid for tips that resulted in arrests.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a tip through the Texas DPS Facebook page by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users in the Apple App Store and for Android users on Google Play
All tips are anonymous. DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos on the Texas DPS site.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.