Reba Lets You Call It, Willie & Merle Let One Get Away – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Reba McEntire let you call it in 1993, Toby Keith started a six week run at the top of the charts in 2005 and Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard sang a song about a bandit in 1983.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 23 July, 2011.
- Alabama debuted on the charts with "I Wanna Be With You Tonight" in 1977.
- Reba McEntire's "It's Your Call" went to Number One in 1993.
- Toby Keith began a six-week stay at the top of the Billboard country chart with "As Good As I Once Was" in 2005.
- Joe Nichols' debut album, Man With A Memory, was released in 2002.
- Alan Jackson's remake of "Summertime Blues" topped the Billboard country singles chart in 1994.
- Vern Gosdin picked up a Number One single in Billboard with a song that celebrated Ernest Tubb, "Set 'Em Up Joe," in 1988.
- "Pancho And Lefty" took Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard to the top spot on the Billboard country chart in 1983.
Check out Willie and Merle in their video of the great Townes Van Zandt tune.
Not near a radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.