Sara Evans Flies, Eric Church Goes Home – Today In Country Music History
Eric Church went "Home" with a gold single on this date in 2011, Sara Evans "Flew" to her first platinum album in 2001, Garth Brooks had his 9th number one hit in 1992 and more.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 25 July, 2012.
- Eric Church got a gold single for "Homeboy" in 2011.
- Dixie ChickMartie Maguire and her husband, Gareth, had a daughter, Harper Rosie Maguire, in Austin, Texas in 2008.
- Jake Owen's debut album, Startin' With Me, was released in 2006.
- Born To Fly became Sara Evans' first platinum album in 2001.
- The T Bone Burnett-produced O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack went double-platinum in 2001.
- Kenny Rogers' She Rides Wild Horses album was certified for shipments of one million copies in 2000, giving him at least one platinum album in each of four straight decades.
- The late Keith Whitley was honored with a gold album for the first time for Don't Close Your Eyes in 1989.
- Steve Wariner's "The Weekend" reached Number One in Billboard in 1987.
- Garth Brooks' "The River" became his ninth Number One hit in 1992.
- "Snowbird" marked Anne Murray's debut on the U.S. country charts in 1970.
Here's Eric Church's video about growing up hard.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.