Sara Evans Sings at an All Star Game, Garth Brooks has Second Number 1 Hit + More – Today In Country Music History
Sara Evans sang at theMLB Allstar Game on this date in 2009, Garth Brooks Danced in 1990, Elvis Needed You in 1956 and more.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 14 July, 2012.
- Sara Evans sang "God Bless America" during the seventh-inning stretch in the All-Star Game at St. Louis' Busch Stadium in 2009. Sheryl Crow performed the national anthem, when the American League defeated the National League, 4-3.
- Porter Wagoner had emergency surgery in Nashville for an abdominal aortic aneurysm in 2006.
- Garth Brooks' "The Dance" became his second Number One hit in 1990.
- The Trio project, by Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris, was certified gold and platinum in 1987.
- Charley Pride recorded the #1 single "I Can't Believe That You've Stopped Loving Me" in 1970.
- Elvis Presley earned a Number One country single in Billboard with "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" in 1956.
- Ernest Tubb recorded the Top 10 single "The Yellow Rose of Texas" in 1955.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.