Synchronized Watches And Nights On The Town – Today In Country Music History [VIDEO]
Keith Urban, Vince Gill, Dolly Parton, Alan Jackson and Martina McBride synchronized their watches on this date in 2010, Reba debuted on TV in 2001 and Loretta Lynn told her man what not to do after a night on the town in 1966.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 05 October, 2011.
- Keith Urban, Vince Gill, Dolly Parton, Alan Jackson and Martina McBride played "Tulsa Time" during a Country Music Hall of Fame benefit at Nashville's Bridgestone Arena in 2010.
- Tracy Byrd collected a Number One single in Billboard for "Ten Rounds With Jose Cuervo" in 2002.
- Carolyn Dawn Johnson made her Grand Ole Opry debut in 2001.
- Reba McEntire's WB sitcom, Reba, debuted in 2001.
- Trisha Yearwood filed for divorce from Mavericks bass player Robert Reynolds in 1999.
- Ty Herndon scored a Number One country single in Billboard with "Living In A Moment" in 1996.
- Merle Haggard was elected to the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1995.
- Bill Monroe received the National Medal of the Arts Award in 1995.
- Mary Chapin Carpenter's Shooting Straight In The Dark album was released in 1990.
- Loretta Lynn recorded "Don't Come Home A'Drinkin' (With Lovin' On Your Mind)" during an afternoon session at Bradley's Barn in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee in 1966.
Here's the video of Keith, Vince, Dolly, Alan and Martina jammin' on the old Don Williams tune, Livin On Tulsa Time.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.