Taylor Swift Feels Mean, Mickey Gilley Opens A Bar – Today In Country Music History
Country Music sweetheart, Taylor Swift was feeling Mean on this date in 2011, George Strait scored a number one hit in a Round About Way in 1998 and Mickey Gilley opened a honkey tonk night club in Pasadena, Texas way back in 1971.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 07 March, 2012.
- Taylor Swift’s “Mean” was released to radio in 2011.
- Ryan Bingham and T Bone Burnett won the Oscar award for Best Original Song, recognizing “The Weary Kind (Theme From Crazy Heart),” at Los Angeles’ Kodak Theatre in 2010.
- Trent Tomlinson‘s debut album, Country Is My Rock, was released in 2006.
- George Strait charted a Number One single in Billboard with “Round About Way” in 1998.
- Sara Evans made her Grand Ole Opry debut in 1998.
- Randy Travis made his Grand Ole Opry debut in 1986.
- Gilley’s club opened in Pasadena, Texas in 1971. It later became the central point for the 1980 movie, Urban Cowboy.
- Patsy Cline married her first husband, Gerald Cline, in 1953. They divorced four years later.
I’m not all that crazy about the movie, but I loved this song. Here’s Ryan Bingham with the theme from Crazy Heart.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.