Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, Johnny Cash – Today In Country Music History
Taylor Swift's first album went platinum on this date in 2007, Kenny Chesney headlined a show for the first time in his career in 2003 and ABC-TV aired the first episode of The Johnny Cash Show with special guest Bob Dylan in 1969!
Here's the rundown for Today In Country Music History for 07 June, 2011.
- Taylor Swift's self-titled debut album was certified platinum in 2007.
- Kenny Chesney headlined a stadium show for the first time in his career, playing for 61,780 in the rain at Knoxville's Neyland Stadium in 2003.
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's duet "It's Your Love" began a six-week stay atop the country chart in 1997.
- Alan Jackson joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1991.
- Elvis Presley's Memphis home, Graceland, opened for public tours in 1982.
- Barbara Mandrell recorded the album Barbara Mandrell Live at the Roy Acuff Theatre in 1981.
- ABC-TV aired the first episode of The Johnny Cash Show with guest Bob Dylan in 1969.
Not near a radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.