Taylor Swift Spotted At Crime Scene, Elvis Presley Discharged – Today In Country Music History
Taylor Swift was actively involved in a Crime Scene on this date in 2009, Steve Earle was headed to town in 1986 and Elvis Presley was discharged from the U.S. Army in 1960.
Click through to see the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 05 March, 2012.
- Taylor Swift made her TV acting debut on CBS’ CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in 2009.
- Pat Green made his Grand Ole Opry debut at Nashville’s Grand Ole Opry House in 2005.
- Gretchen Wilson‘s debut single, “Redneck Woman,” was released to radio in 2004.
- Vince Gill‘s Pocket Full Of Gold album was released in 1991.
- Steve Earle‘s Guitar Town album was released in 1986.
- Johnny Cash recorded “One Piece At A Time” in Hendersonville, Tennessee at the House of Cash in 1976.
- Alabama appeared for the first time at the Bowery Club in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, in 1973.
- A plane crash in Camden, Tennessee, claimed the lives of Patsy Cline, Cowboy Copas, Hawkshaw Hawkins and pilot Randy Hughes as they returned to Nashville from a charity concert in Kansas City in 1963.
- Elvis Presley was discharged from the Army in 1960.
- George Hamilton IV joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1960.
It’s hard to believe this is from sixteen years ago. Here’s Steve Earle from 1986.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.