The Dixie Chicks Win Without Making Nice, Sugarland Is A Duo – Today In Country Music History
Even though they weren't ready to Make Nice, the Dixie Chicks took home five Grammy Awards on this date in 2007, Sugarland performed their first show as a duo in 2006 and Willie Nelson told us what was on his mind back in 1982.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 11 February, 2012.
- Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood recorded "Remind Me" in 2011.
- The Dixie Chicks took home five trophies at the 49th annual Grammy Awards in 2007 -- "Not Ready To Make Nice" earned Record and Song of the Year, plus Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group; Taking The Long Way claimed Album of the Year and Best Country Album.
- Sugarland performed their first official concert as a duo at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, just weeks after the departure of Kristen Hall, in 2006.
- John Anderson's comeback album, Seminole Wind, was released in 1992.
- Alabama's "Song Of The South" hit Number One on the Billboard country chart in 1989.
- Merle Haggard claimed the Number One spot on the Billboard country chart with the Lefty Frizzell song "That's The Way Love Goes" in 1984.
- Vince Gill made his country chart debut with "Victim Of Life's Circumstances" in 1984.
- Willie Nelson's "Always On My Mind" was released in 1982.
- Loretta Lynn made her first appearance at Number One in Billboard with "Don't Come Home A'Drinkin' (With Lovin' On Your Mind)" in 1967.
Here's a flashback to 1992 (as performed in 2009) from John Anderson.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.