The Sugarland Show Stopped, Brooks & Dunn Feel Like New – Today In Country Music History
A catastrophic stage collapse stopped the show for Sugarland on this date in 2011, Brooks & Dunn felt as good as new in 1991, Keith Whitley scored his very first number one single in 1988 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 13 August, 2012.
- As Sugarland prepared to take the stage at the Indiana State Fair in 2011, a wind gust collapsed the stage, killing Seven people and injuring another 45.
- The Dixie Chicks gave a private show at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium in 2002, playing their album, Home, in its entirety in sequential order.
- John Michael Montgomery charted a Number One country single in Billboard with “Be My Baby Tonight” in 1994.
- Reba McEntire‘s “The Greatest Man I Never Knew” was released in 1992.
- Brooks & Dunn‘s debut album, Brand New Man, was released in 1991.
- Willie Nelson became the first artist ever to have an album spend 10 years on the Billboard country chart, as Stardust logged its 520th week in 1988.
- Keith Whitley scored his first Number One single with “Don’t Close Your Eyes” in 1988.
Here’s a look back at Brooks & Dunn from ’91.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.