The Zac Brown Band, George Strait, Emmylou Harris – Today In Country Music History
It was just a year ago today that the Zac Brown Band's album went double-platinum.
George Strait's album went gold on this date ... SEVEN YEARS after it was released!
And we were first introduced to Country sweetheart, Emmylou Harris, on this date way back in 1975. Her new CD, Hard Bargain, will be released next Tuesday.
Here's the list of memorable events for Today In Country Music History for April 19th, 2011.
- The Zac Brown Band album The Foundation went double-platinum in 2010.
- Lorrie Morgan went gold for the first time with her Leave The Light On album in 1990.
- Strait Country, George Strait's debut album, went gold seven years after its release in 1988.
- Crystal Gayle, Dottie West, Debby Boone, Emmylou Harris, and Tammy Wynette occupied the top five positions on Billboard's country chart in 1980. It was the first time women held all five spots.
- Willie Nelson's Stardust album was released in 1978.
- Emmylou Harris debuted on the charts with "Too Far Gone" in 1975.
- Glen Campbell went to Number One on the Billboard country singles chart with the Jimmy Webb song "Galveston" in 1969.