Tim McGraw Was In The Club, Kenny Chesney Wasn’t Cool – Today In Country Music History
Kenny Chesney wasn't cool on this date in 2006, Lee Ann Womack hoped we'd dance in 2002 and 2000, Tim McGraw was in the club and more.
Here's the list for Today In Country Music History for 10 October, 2012.
- She Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool: A Tribute To Barbara Mandrell was released in 2006, featuring Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, Willie Nelson, Shelby Lynne, Terri Clark, Lorrie Morgan, Randy Owen, Dierks Bentley and Sara Evans.
- Lee Ann Womack sang "I Hope You Dance" with Gloria Estefan while taping Lifetime Television's third annual Women Rock! Girls & Guitars at Los Angeles' Kodak Theatre in 2002. The Pretenders, Chaka Khan and Michelle Branch also performed.
- Sara Evans' Born To Fly album was released in 2000.
- Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance" was released for sale as a CD single in 2000. It sold more than one million copies.
- Lonestar's self-titled debut album was released in 1995.
- Tim McGraw made his chart debut with the single "Welcome To The Club" in 1992.
- Loretta Lynn and Roy Rogers were inducted into the Country Music Hall Of Fame in 1988.
- Little Jimmy Dickens was inducted into the Country Music Hall Of Fame in 1983.
- Merle Travis was inducted into the Country Music Hall Of Fame in 1977.
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.