Toby Keith Is White Trash, Faith Hill Is A Diva – Today In Country Music History
Toby Keith was White Trash With Money on this date in 2006, Faith Hill was a Diva (along with Mariah Carey and Donna Summer) in 2000 and Shelly West & David Frizzell explained to the world why God made Oklahoma back in 1981.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 11 April, 2012
- Toby Keith‘s new label, Show Dog Nashville, released its first album, Toby’s White Trash With Money in 2006.
- “I Hope You Dance” became Lee Ann Womack‘s first double-platinum album in 2001.
- Lonestar‘s Richie McDonald and his wife, Lorie, had a daughter, Maisie Elizabeth McDonald, in Nashville in 2001.
- Faith Hill appeared on VH1’s Divas 2000: A Tribute To Diana Ross, with Mariah Carey and Donna Summer in 2000.
- Wynonna scored her first Number One single as a solo act with “She Is His Only Need” in 1992.
- Alabama scored their 21st Number One single in a row with “You’ve Got The Touch,” an all-time Billboard record in country music, in 1987.
- Recording began on the Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton Number One single “Islands In The Stream” in 1983.
- David Frizzell & Shelly West‘s “You’re The Reason God Made Oklahoma” went to Number One in Billboard in 1981.
- Alabama signed with RCA Records in 1980.
- The Waylon & Willie duet album was certified platinum in 1978.
- Hank Williams‘ “Your Cheatin’ Heart” claimed the top spot in the Billboard country chart in 1953.
Who’s up for a little Dancing?
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.