Toby Keith Isn’t As Good, Joe Nichols Remembers – Today In Country Music History
Toby Keith wasn’t As Good As He Once Was on this date in 2005, Joe Nichols had a Memory in 2002, Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard had the number one Country song in the nation in 1983 and more.
Here’s the list for Today In Country Music History for 23 July, 2012.
- Toby Keith began a six-week stay at the top of the Billboard country chart with “As Good As I Once Was” in 2005.
- Joe Nichols‘ debut album, Man With A Memory, was released in 2002.
- Alan Jackson‘s remake of “Summertime Blues” topped the Billboard country singles chart in 1994.
- Reba McEntire‘s “It’s Your Call” went to Number One in 1993.
- Vern Gosdin picked up a Number One single in Billboard with a song that celebrated Ernest Tubb, “Set ‘Em Up Joe,” in 1988.
- “Pancho And Lefty” took Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard to the top spot on the Billboard country chart in 1983.
- Alabama debuted on the charts with “I Wanna Be With You Tonight” in 1977.
Whatever you do, don’t spill Toby Keith’s beer.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.