Vince Gill Gets Some Grammies, Brad Paisley Is A Monarch – Today In Country Music History
Brad Paisley was a Monarch in the Mardi Gras parade on this date in 2004, Vince Gill tied Chet Atkins in Grammy Awards in 2000 and Johnny Cash had the number one song in Country Music in 1959.
Click through for the complete list for Today In Country Music History for 23 February, 2012.
- Brad Paisley was the celebrity monarch for the Krewe of Orpheus Mardi Gras Parade in New Orleans in 2004.
- LeAnn Rimes married actor Dean Sheremet in 2002 at the age of 19. The couple were divorced in June of 2010.
- Vince Gill won his 14th Grammy, tying him with Chet Atkins for most Grammys won by a Nashville artist, in 2000.
- Reba McEntire gave birth to son Shelby Stephen Blackstock at Nashville’s West Side Hospital in 1990.
- Mel McDaniel charted his only Number One single in Billboard with “Baby’s Got Her Blue Jeans On” in 1985.
- Kenny Rogers won his first Grammy for “Lucille” in 1978.
- Johnny Cash earned a Number One country single in Billboard magazine with “Don’t Take Your Guns To Town” in 1959.
- Porter Wagoner joined the Grand Ole Opry in 1957.
- Minnie Pearl (Sarah Colley) married Henry Cannon in 1947.
Here’s an interesting clip with Chet Atkins and Vince Gill together.
Subscribe to 102.3 The Bull on
Not near a Radio? Click here to listen to Lonestar 102.3 online.